Hospitals have doctors and nurses, Ronald McDonald House Charities South Texas has mom and dad!
When families have a sick child, RMHC South Texas provides comfort, care and kindness to families when they need it most. We provide access to the care and resources that families need. Donate to help our families stay at a place that feels like home — even when they can’t be.
OUR FAMILIES ARE OUR PRIORITY
The team at Ronald McDonald House Charities South Texas has been diligently working through our Preparedness and Response Plan addressing the COVID-19 pandemic. We appreciate the patience and understanding of our supporters while we continue to keep our focus on the well-being of the families we serve. The following updates are in place:
- Our Share-a-Meal program has been temporarily adjusted to catered restaurant meals only to protect the health and well-being of our families. To schedule a meal drop-off please call 361-854-4073.
- Volunteer shifts are currently suspended at the Ronald McDonald House and the Happy Wheels Hospitality Cart.
- We have increased sanitizing and disinfection using safe commercial-grade products.
- We have setup up additional hand sanitizing stations and posted signage throughout the House regarding hygiene and steps to stay safe.
- At RMHC South Texas, we do not have a vaccine mandate for families utilizing our Ronald McDonald House programs.
- We still welcome your support of our mission. Make an online donation here.
- Donated items can be dropped off at the designated drop-off location outside the front of our building. All clothing donations can still be made at our yellow donation boxes throughout the Coastal Bend.
For more information about our RMHC Global Vaccination and COVID Safety Policies, click here. We continue to navigate the pandemic in accordance with all Texas and CDC guidelines, our RMHC Global leadership along with our CEO regarding COVID and will continue to follow their direction. Our commitment to protecting the health and well-being of the vulnerable population of children and their families, has and always will be our number one priority.
With the help of our community, we are determined to work diligently to continue to meet the needs of our families, staff, and volunteers especially during these trying times.
Most recent update: 01/18/2022